Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week #6: Another week gone...

The focus of the week has been on securing a sponsorship deal. This is a great adventure and I am preparing very well, but every great adventure come with a price tag. The whole adventure is about 180,000 AUD over 4 years and help from the sponsors is very important. I know it takes a bit of the romance out of the story, but the budget issue is becoming a bit of a reality check. The sponsorship deal for Red Bull has been sent. I have contacted 9 other major brands but it's hard to get hold of the right people, the key decision makers. If you know anyone in the marketing or communication departments of big corporates, which may have an interest in supporting the challenge, please feel free to send the contacts through.

As for the physical preparation, I have done about 40km this week at various paces. 22km at 4m05sec/km, and two set of 10km at 3m40sec/km. I have moved from the initial 20push up max to series of 35, and improved from 6 pull-ups to 30 pull-ups. Yes, I know, it's not much but things will improve if I keep working hard on it. The swim at 6am, outdoor, in the cold Victoria's spring is still not my cup of tea, but I keep going, hanging in there, and hopefully it will get easier. I have tried taking in salts before swimming and it did help a little, at least I am not cramping anymore after only 500m!

It is important to remember that this is a program of work of 4 years, 210 weeks of work and not all the weeks can be extremely exciting, although it is the consistency and the willingness to keep going, every week, that will bring me up the top of Everest.

Please keep supporting me, as I need any help I can get - thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment