Friday, August 20, 2010

Week 2 - Updates

Here the updates for week #2.


Physical preparation: this week has been a bit better, with four consecutive runs and a few short upper body sessions. All in all I have managed to spend about 8 hours training, which is a third of the expected 24 hours of training a week. Something is better than nothing, but I must gradually increase my effort. Unfortunately a bad cold hit me on Thursday and since then I have not been able to train. Next Sunday there is the Lake Attack and 40min for 10km in windy conditions looks a bit of an ambitious task. At the moment I only hope I will run with no cold, as that would obviously affect the breathing.

On the media front, the first media release was sent out on Thursday night, but I didn’t manage to buy the paper on Friday, so I will assume that nothing was printed. It was a good try, and there will be more trials in the coming weeks.

On the funding front, the Everest2014 account has collected $381 – it may seems like a small amount but it is a step in the right direction and I am extremely thankful that friends have put their trust in me and are supporting me in this challenge.

That’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment